Hoffenheim v Borussia Dortmund Preview : This will be an exciting match Hoffenheim and Borussa Dortmund need to make sure they need to stay in the top four places for this final Bundesliga game of the season.
Julian Nagelsmann’s side controlled the game but couldn’t get a win against Stuttgart even after Santiago Ascacibar was sent off in the 65th minute and Stuttgart steal a 1-0 win.
That defeat ended Hoffenheim nine game unbeaten run and tonight they hope to secure a Champions League
ticket next season.
Nagelsmann’s injury concerns didn’t help them much with Serge Gnabry, Kerem Demirbay, Dennis Geiger and Lukas Rupp out and Benjamin Hübner doubtful.
The Black and Yellows seem to be doing their best, a 1-1 draw at Werder Bremen followed by a 2-1 home defeat against Mainz. Mainz took an early two goal lead, but Dortmund couldn’t complete the comeback and the final score ends 2-1.
Stöger has big problems in defence with Sokratis suspended, Dan-Axel Zagadou and Ömer Toprak out. Philipp has scored three goals in his last five games and should keep his spot up front.
- Hoffenheim have won their last 4 home matches, scoring at least 2 goals
- Hoffenheim have drawn their last 4 home matches against Borussia Dortmund
- Both teams have scored in 12 of the last 13 matches between Hoffenheim and Borussia Dortmund
- Borussia Dortmund are undefeated in their last 10 matches against Hoffenheim in all competitions.
- Borussia Dortmund have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches against Hoffenheim in all competitions.
Hoffenheim were very unlucky last weekend but their home form has been very good this season.
They can take advantage of Dortmund’s injury concerns, particularly in their defence department.