NBA Boston Celtics v Philadelphia 76ers Preview
Boston blew their chance and lost 103-92 at the Wells Fargo Center. Boston Celtics were overtaken by the 76ers late in the first half and from there they cannot chase back the points.
Jayson Tatum led the Celtics with 20 points and Marcus Morris had 17 but it wasn’t enough. Backup point guard Shane Larkin lasted just one minute before leaving with a left shoulder injury in the first quarter.
Philadelphia kept their season alive with the 103-92 win in Game 4, TJ McConnell having a career-high 19 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
Dario Saric scored 25 points, Joel Embiid had 15 points and 13 rebounds and Simmons added 19 points and 13 boards. The game belonged to McConnell who provided the energy and spark.
- Boston is 6-2 straight up against Philadelphia this season.
- Boston is 13-3 straight up against Philadelphia over the last 3 seasons.
- Boston is 7-1 straight up at home against Philadelphia over the last 3 seasons.
- Boston are 6-0 at home in the playoffs this season.
- Boston’s Jayson Tatum became the first Celtic to notch six straight 20+ point playoff games since Paul Pierce in 2009.
- NBA teams down 3-0 have lost all 129 series.
Philadelphia have been favoured in every in this series including Sportsbook Malaysia. Backing the Celtics against the 76ers has been very profitable I must say.
With Boston 6-0 at home in the playoffs there is no reason not to support them now. Coach Stevens will have a plan to limit McConnell, Embiid and Simmons and his players are talented enough to execute it.